Re: critical patch update error 135

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 20:13:03 +0000

2443613 is a combo patch which includes patches for both the database and the OVJM. When you unpacked the downloaded file, you should of seen the following files an directories

24436313/ PatchSearch.xml

move to the 2443613 directory which contains

24006111/ 24315821/ README.html README.txt

24006111 is the database patch 24318521 is the OVJM patch.

You need to run opatch from 24006111 for patching the database and 24318521 for patching the OVJM.

These only patch the database software. Make sure you read the realm’s foe both the database and the OVJM patch concerning patching their associated database objects. Especially the readme for 24318521.

You might think about writing a script to automate your patching.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center

On Nov 1, 2016, at 8:05 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com<mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Oracle 11.2.04
Redhat Lunux 5 .

Im trying to apply the cpu for october first I thought it was patch 23054359 then I realised it was - I hope 24436313 the precheck is fine but the patch apply fails with error 135 Sorry if this seems simple but I really struggle sometimes to wade through the patch sets.
--

Howard A. Latham

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 01 2016 - 21:13:03 CET