DBCA - delete instance (RAC 11.2.0.4)

From: Rodrigo Mufalani <rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 19:15:29 +0000

Hello,

   Yesterday I faced in a issue during a maintenance window, my task was remove a node from 2 node cluster.

   Even the step (delete one instance) that is not mandatory step, we know, but we plan to add this node in a close future with same instance name and configuration. So we tried to delete instance through DBCA gui, before to remove node from cluster to clean the OCR records about that instance (we tried in survived node).

   The steps were:

  1. Open DBCA (gui)
  2. Choose RAC option
  3. Instance management
  4. Delete instance
  5. Enter with sys credentials

On the 5 step I received a message “service name or instance name not specified” and could not delete the instance. I put the message print bellow, but it is in portuguese.

[cid:image001.png_at_01D23208.073E5B60]

     I googled for it and did a search on metalink without success. Anyone faced this issue before? The cluster is an installation 11.2.0.4 with last PSU/CPU applied and this env was not installed by me. Any clue?

   Already create a SR, but, we need to cancel the window, we will continue to investigate about it...

All the Best,

<http://www.mufalani.com.br/>Rodrigo Mufalani - Diretor Técnico | rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br<mailto:rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br> | +55 21 988 994 817
Mufalani - +55 21 3193 0326 | Rua Alm Grenfall, 405, Bl 3, Sl 310, Centro Empresarial Washington Luiz, Duque de Caxias, RJ | CEP 25085-009 | www.mufalani.com.br<mailto:rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br>
<http://www.mufalani.com.br/>[cid:image002.png_at_01D23208.073E5B60]<http://www.mufalani.com.br/>[cid:image003.png_at_01D23208.073E5B60]