Re: Very slow metadata-only expdp

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 00:11:55 -0400

There are several bugs listed in the master note:

https://blogs.oracle.com/db/entry/master_note_for_data_pump_doc_id_12647151

Also, when you google for "oracle expdp slow", you will get a lot of hits, one of them from always helpful Mike Dietrich: https://blogs.oracle.com/UPGRADE/entry/data_pump_imdp_over_network

It is worth researching some of those hits, since they come from some very good people. Also, the problem may be in using wrong plans when accessing SYS tables. When exporting metadata only, you are only accessing SYS tables. Try running data dictionary statistics and gather system statistics. That may help.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA