RE: DB source code

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 14:48:06 -0700

The choice is as varied as there are vendors.

I have used cvs, svn, git (private repository), github, rpm (private repository), Artifactory, TFS, CodePlex and the list goes on.

Internally I have lots of clients who have their own git server and few who completely host their internal projects on Github.

I have a lot of clients using Artifactory.

Really depends on what you r company is used to and their direction on internal/external facing code repositories.

In base answer you need to use something besides a file system storing files. Most compliance requirements pretty much demand version controlling of SW an basic control of the SW itself.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7
<mailto:Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net> Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew
Parker's profile on LinkedIn

<http://www.dimensionaldba.com/> www.dimensionaldba.com