Re: Training for Oracle IDM

From: Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:46:18 +0000

Seth,

Yes, I plan to use the OID for authentication, self-service for password account management, and others. But plan to keep it simple to start with.

LeRoy

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:53:44 PM To: mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com
Cc: Leroy Kemnitz; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Training for Oracle IDM

LeRoy,

Are you trying to use this for database authentication (EUS)?

Seth

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Mohammed Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com<mailto:mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Hello LeRoy,

I did the Oracle Identity Governance 11g R2: Essentials 5-day course from Oracle University early this year. It's expensive, but my company paid for it. It was the first Oracle class I've taken and I thought it was very useful and the instructor was very good. Speaking for myself, I thought this class laid the foundation for what this product suite is capable of doing and helped me in understanding how all the pieces fit together.

Not a developer class, but more for admins.

--

mohammed

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu<mailto:lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>> wrote:

All -

I am very new to installing/managing an IDM installation. I am reading thru the Oracle manuals and trying to understand what/why/when I need to do things. I am feeling overwhelmed, currently. I have installed version 11.1.2.3 and it is currently running on Linux 6.

Does anyone have any suggestions for training?? Good resources to follow? I am planning to use the Identity Manager right away, but will start to use more products if I understood the applications.

Thanks,

LeRoy

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 19 2016 - 15:46:18 CEST