RE: Changing USER_TAB_COLUMNS Synonym

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:27:46 -0700

I have had to put private synonyms underneath users to change their view of the world inside the database. There is no harm as long as the application won't have a problem when it is done.

I wouldn't change the upper level public sysnonym.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7 Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

www.dimensionaldba.com <http://www.dimensionaldba.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Dave Morgan <oracle_at_1001111.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:56:57 AM To: Oracle-L
Subject: Changing USER_TAB_COLUMNS Synonym

Hello All,

        Does anyone know of bad consequences or side effects to altering a single schema's USER_TAB_COLUMNS synonym to point at ALL_TAB_COLUMNS?

Our sophisticated developers used a data owner schema in their ORM to code against and since they don't have access to those accounts in production ........

--

Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited dave.morgan_at_1001111.com

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 18 2016 - 17:27:46 CEST

Original text of this message