RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 15:38:16 -0700 (PDT)

But … but … but … EVERYONE is licensed for Lifecycle Management Pack, surely? ;)

Seriously, the answer is it ain’t necessarily so.  And before I break into song, the reason for saying that is that some configuration extension capability comes with other packs as well.  For example, the IBM WebSphere MQ, Microsoft Active Directory, and System Monitoring for non-Oracle Database plugins, Configuration Management Pack for Applications, Management Pack for non-Oracle Middleware all have configuration collection extensibility functionality.  Search the license doc for more details.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+61262924095"+61262924095 | | Mobile: +61414443449  Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com"pete.sharman_at_oracle.com  Twitter: @SharmanPete  LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

  _____

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

  _____

From: Rich J [mailto:rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com] Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:31 AM To: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com> Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

On 2016/10/11 20:49, Peter Sharman wrote:

In theory, Rich's answer is correct except for one thing.  These entries aren't metrics so what you need is a SQL based configuration extension instead. J  You'll see the use of configuration collections documented in the HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E73210_01/EMLCM/GUID-BC478C2B-A4D9-4855-80A2-4A00D63FC302.htm#EMLCM11668"DBLM manual.

Coming back to Scott's initial question, I haven't been able to find anywhere that this information is stored in the repository, so a CE sounds like the best way forward.

Did not know such a beast existed!  And I think that's perhaps because it seems to imply an LM license is required to create/use a CE.  True?

Rich