RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:52:04 +0000

Thanks Pete, that’s a huge help. Appreciate everyone’s feedback on this topic.

Thanks,
Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Peter Sharman Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:49 PM To: rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

In theory, Rich’s answer is correct except for one thing. These entries aren’t metrics so what you need is a SQL based configuration extension instead. ☺ You’ll see the use of configuration collections documented in the DBLM manual<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E73210_01/EMLCM/GUID-BC478C2B-A4D9-4855-80A2-4A00D63FC302.htm#EMLCM11668>.

Coming back to Scott’s initial question, I haven’t been able to find anywhere that this information is stored in the repository, so a CE sounds like the best way forward.

Pete
[Oracle logo]
Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095<tel:+61262924095> | | Mobile: +61414443449 Email: pete.sharman_at_oracle.com<mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com> Twitter: @SharmanPete LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

From: Rich J [mailto:rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 02:47 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

On 2016/10/11 09:17, Deas, Scott wrote: The metric extension would be useful once something goes invalid, but I'm still hopeful that this is somewhere in the repository where we could query the enterprise all at once, versus waiting for an event to trigger or checking a target at a time. Just to clarify, I meant to have the metric extension store the values of DBA_REGISTRY, regardless of validity. For example, I have an extension currently tracking the sizes of the top 20 largest tables and their indexes. There's no alerts on the metric, just the data collection. I can then create an EM report (or simple SQL) to show table growth over time. My knee jerk is that I'd do something similar for a few of the column values in DBA_REGISTRY, with a daily or weekly collection interval. Rich
Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)