RE: dba_registry info in OEM repository

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:17:47 +0000

Rich,

Agreed. I looked through the OEM documentation and scanned the data dictionary, but I don’t see this info.

The metric extension would be useful once something goes invalid, but I’m still hopeful that this is somewhere in the repository where we could query the enterprise all at once, versus waiting for an event to trigger or checking a target at a time.

Thanks,
Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Rich J Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:14 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: dba_registry info in OEM repository

On 2016/10/10 20:29, Deas, Scott wrote:  If we had the registry information for our entire enterprise of 200+ databases available within OEM, we'd be able to monitor this more efficiently. It might be viewable within the OEM interface once we select a target, but I was wondering if the agents send that data to the OMS so it's available in the repository.

Not any help right now, but for the future, it sounds like a relatively easy Metric Extension in EM12c would do the trick.

I just might be creating one of my own to catch DBs that haven't had their catbundle run for example...

Rich
Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**