Re: Oracle ASM and Hugepages

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 17:28:48 +0000

Hi Sanjay

My opinion, you can use huge pages for ASM if you wish, but don't bother. It's not generally enough memory to make much of a difference.

Huge pages for RSBMS, on the other hand, is an absolute must. I blogged on this topic a few years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markjbobak.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/if-youre-not-using-hugepages-youre-doing-it-wrong/amp/

-Mark