RE: Loader Throughput errors

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

Maureen

First off, apologies for taking so long to respond.  Open World time is always crazily busy as a product manager! L

If you have not already done so, I would recommend installing the different DIAG kits – in particular for this issue, repvfy.  If you haven’t got the DIAG kits installed, can I say I would STRONGLY recommend doing so as these kits provide huge benefits in diagnosing EM performance and setup issues?  If you need more information on downloading and installing them, search for HYPERLINK "https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=421053.1&displayIndex=2"Doc ID 421053.1.

Once you’ve installed repvfy, you can use “repvfy verify loaders –test 1001” or “repvfy verify backlog –test 1921” to find more information on what’s causing the issue.  The key to triaging this problem is determine the type of backlog:

·         Is this a backlog for a particular channel? (so what is the backlog per channel)

·         Is this a backlog for a particular agent? (so one - or a few - agents backlogging)

You can also track the loader backlog through the GUI by following the path Setup -> Manage Cloud Control -> Health Overview (or something like that, typing from memory here!)

Hope that helps you diagnose what the problem is.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+61262924095"+61262924095 | | Mobile: +61414443449  Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com"pete.sharman_at_oracle.com  Twitter: @SharmanPete  LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

  _____

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

  _____

From: Maureen English [mailto:maureen.english_at_alaska.edu] Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2016 11:59 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Loader Throughput errors

I'm still a bit new to OEM and as I was sorting through some messages from OEM, I noticed that we've been seeing a lot of errors with a subject like like:

4889_Management_Service - Loader Throughput (rows per second) for Loader_D crossed the critical threshold (75). Current value: 54.6

When I did a little more looking around, I found that up until a week ago, the value for Loader_D

throughput had been rather steady, staying between about 800 and 1200. Then, at about 8pm

last Friday night, the behavior changed significantly. The values drop well below 100 (the warning

threshold) every 8-12 hours...sometimes more often.

Any idea what activity this is measuring?  In my quick search, I found this description:

Throughput (Rows processed per second): Indicates the rate (rows processed per second) at which the Loader is processing files.

but I'm not completely sure what kind of files are being processed...backups, maybe?

Any comments?

  • Maureen