Re: Nutanix

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:57:43 -0400

Actually, Nutanix has its own virtualization platform called "Acropolis" which is not related to VMWare. The platform is actually quite cool because it bundles storage and CPU power, along with the hypervisor. I imagine that there may be a problem with running Oracle, since Oracle Corp. doesn't look kindly on running Oracle RDBMS on virtual machines and usually asks for the entire physical machines to be licensed. Nutanix may have an arrangement with Oracle about licensing, but I don't know much about it. You will have to ask your friendly neighborhood Oracle rep about it. Common name for the local Oracle reps is "Boyz 'n the hood".

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA