Abstract reviewers for RMOUG TD2017

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:26:30 -0600

This is a call for anyone who is interested in helping review the abstracts submitted to the RMOUG "Training Days 2017" (TD2017) conference, taking place on 07-09 February 2017 in Denver CO.

The Call For Papers
<http://www.rmoug.org/training/2017-abstract-submission/> for the conference has been open for almost a month now, and it continues until 28-Sep 2016. But we're now near the mid-way point, so we're starting the all-important abstract reviews.

RMOUG has an objective process of abstract selection which relies on the averages of the subjective scorings by our reviewers, who have 24x7 access to our online review tool for 4 weeks from mid-September through mid-October. The creation of the agenda will occur in mid-October, based purely upon the average scores from the reviewers. Overall, there are about 120 sessions at the conference, and we average about 400 abstracts each year, so having knowledgeable reviewers sharing their expertise is the surest way to deliver the best conference.

We will be scheduling a training session via WebEx at multiple times, and then reviewers will have about a month to review and provide scores and feedback on as many abstracts as they feel comfortable.

If you're interested in helping with the reviews, please forward (please do not reply) your name, email address, and phone to me at
"tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com".

It doesn't matter where you are located, although everything is in English. We are seeking objective knowledge people from anywhere.

Of course, we request discretion; if you review, please don't discuss them, verbally, online, or otherwise. If you have submitted abstracts of your own, we simply ask that you refrain from reviewing those, and any related abstracts. We also ask that you do not review abstracts for which you are not technically qualified. There are a lot of little qualifiers and tricks like these, so we'll discuss all of these at the training session.

At the conclusion of the reviews, we will thank each reviewer with a certificate and our most sincere gratitude.

If you have any questions, please forward (please do not reply) to
"tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com".

Thanks!

-Tim