RE: OEM 12c Software Library

From: D Kennel <dkenlwork_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 17:06:23 -0500

Sounds good - thanks!

From: Peter Sharman [mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 4:49 PM
To: dkenlwork_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: OEM 12c Software Library

Nope, include it. It's free, and saves any concerns about not having it later. At worst, it means you've created a directory that isn't used. J

Pete

From: D Kennel [mailto:dkenlwork_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 05:49 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: OEM 12c Software Library

We're trying to move from OEM 11g to 12cR5. I don't recall being prompted about the Software Library during the 11g install, but if I de-select it during the 12c install, I get a warning pop-up that it's required for "performing key operations within Enterprise Manager". However, it seems tied to Patching/Provisioning and we don't have that management pack. I can't find anything specific in any documentation on the Software Library being tied to the Patching/Provisioning management pack, but am a little leery about installing it in case it is. So I'm wondering if it's something that should be installed even without the Patching/Provisioning management pack in order for OEM to function, or should it be de-selected during the install unless you have a license for that pack?

Deborah