Re: NetApp All Flash

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 19:15:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Jeff,
i recently did an I/O performance benchmark (SLOB) for a large enterprise who bought a NetApp All Flash storage as well.

The results were very convincing even with a very high amount of (parallel non-contention) SLOB sessions. We hit the host limits (e.g. FC) before the storage was struggling at all. I did benchmarks for single & multi-block I/O and redo.

Just be aware that you probably eliminate I/O waiting states with All Flash storage and so your CPU usage on database server can increase as the Oracle code can process data without waiting too long on I/Os.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK