RE: APEX tutorials for beginners

From: Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:29:53 -0400

Interesting. I was thinking about doing the same thing; an APEX page so that users/developers can reset their own password.

So in APEX is there some function that can automatically determine the user’s Windows userid (LDAP/AD)? Mgmt won’t like the idea of having to enter a userid which might be someone elses…

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Chirco Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:28 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: APEX tutorials for beginners

Hi all I am looking to make a very simple Apex page to handle password resets but I am find that Apex is not as intuitive as I thought it would be, or it is just me :).

Anybody know of some good simple tutorials to help. All I really want to do is create a simple text box to enter an employee number and a button to reset their password. I got the button part to work but I don't know how to use the value from the text box. Plus I can't figure how to adjust the placement of the text and button. It starts in the middle of the page.

I am going to start with the Oracle by example page in their Learning Library.

Thanks,

Jeff