Re: One more APEX question - Developing Schemas vs. Live Production Application Schemas?

From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:47:09 -0400

The way we do this is we typically create an application schema. The application schema contains views and synonyms that point back to the schema that contains the data. Within APEX the application schema is considered the "parsing" schema. Workspaces and application APEX code are stored within the APEX schema (e.g. APEX_040100) installed with the install of APEX. Workspaces are not database schema objects but rather just "metadata" within Apex.

When promoting code from tier to tier, we migrated database objects (e.g. database views, tables, packages, ...) separately from APEX using existing database deployment tools. Apex supports changing the application schema (e.g. parsing schema) and even the application name during deployments.

--
Rumpi Gravenstein