RE: Oracle License

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:30:10 -0700

Just remember this is a public forum and I am sure Oracle would be more than happy to use your statements here against any excuse you might use for your company in failing a licensee audit, such as "I am made a mistake." Or "your documents are confusing and contradictory."

For anyone else on the list, normally under your employee handbook with the company your work for or HR training that is normally done every year in many companies, you are required to follow the law and the contracts you agree to for your company or your company agrees to like the OTN agreement or your Oracle SW purchase agreements. Excusing yourself from compliance requirements based on the statement "I am a computer geek" will not protect you or your company from financial or legal ramifications of your actions.

Good luck to you and any company you work for now or in the future.

Matthew Parker
Chief Technologist
Dimensional DBA
425-891-7934 (cell)