Re: Oracle License

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 13:25:40 -0500

I can tell if Mladen is correct from his description, this is from the documentation:

The following components of Oracle Grid Infrastructure can be used free of charge and
without any restrictions in standalone server or cluster configurations:

■ Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM)
■ ASM Dynamic Volumes
■ ASM Cluster File System (ACFS) (excludes ACFS snapshots, and other add-on
features)
■ Oracle Clusterware solely in support of ASM/ADVM/ACFS in a cluster configuration
■ Oracle Restart solely in support of Oracle Databases and Oracle ASM on a standalone server

In addition, Oracle Clusterware can be used to protect any application (restarting or
failing over the application in the event of a failure), free of charge, if one or more of
the following conditions are met:
■ The server OS is supported by a valid Oracle Unbreakable Linux support contract.
■ The product to be protected is either: – Any Oracle product (e.g. Oracle Applications, Siebel, Hyperion, Oracle Database EE, Oracle Database XE)
– Any third-party product that directly or indirectly stores data in an Oracle
database
■ At least one of the servers in the cluster is licensed for Oracle Database (SE or EE)
A cluster is defined to include all the machines that share the same Oracle Cluster
Registry (OCR) and Voting Disk.

--
Andrew W. Kerber