RE: connectivity issue

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:28:45 +0000

Are you saying the issue existed before you set up the logon trigger for this user, or was it only after the logon trigger was set up that the timeout errors started to occur?

If the issue only started after adding the logon trigger, it would make sense to see if the trigger is having an issue (maybe change the trigger to fire when you log in and verify that it works for you first).

Also, I don’t think you’d see a trace file generated until a user started executing SQL.

Thanks,
Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris King Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:17 PM
To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: connectivity issue

Need your thoughts:

This is on Oracle RAC 11.2.0.4, using scan listener

Issue: A new user created on a new system is trying to connect remotely to the Oracle RAC database. The listener.log file indicates the connection is established with a "0" indicating success. However, I put a trigger on the user to dump trace files on logon, and no trace files exist. Also, there are no queries listed for that user in the gv$session + gv$sqlarea. So it looks like the listener indicates user connected successfully, but there is no trace of a connection in the database.

The application hangs and eventually returns with a timeout error.

We have verified that telnet to the port from the new server to the database server is working. The application uses jdbc, and so we can not test using tnsping or sqlplus.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue before? Any thoughts on what it could be or what further troubleshooting I can do to figure this out? Would listener tracing work on a scan listener?

Thanks in advance.

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**