Re: rman recovery

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 23:16:57 -0500

I used to think that way too Mladen. A colleague of mine says that from 11g on you can do restores/recovers from multiple nodes at the same time - ie, the restore work can be divided simultaneously between multiple nodes. I have not heard of this feature. I was wondering may be they keep backup files in a shared location (ASM? some shared filesystem oracle can read?) and do restores?

I came across this
<http://oracleabout.blogspot.com/2013/01/restore-database-rac.html> online, and thought maybe this is a new feature I didnt know.