Re: Curious question - naming CDBs and PDBs

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:55:16 -0500

Chris,

My customers that are migrating to 12c CDB but don't have the multitenant license have a one to one relationship between their CDB and PDB. They generally preserve the original database name for the PDB and add a C to the end of the database name. I would caution adding CDB to the end of the database name for the exact reason that Jay's example of using TVPRODCDB would not work. 12.1 still imposes an eight character limit on the database name.

Seth Miller