Re: Looking for Suggestions - 5 TB DB WHSE Backup options

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 00:09:03 -0400

On 07/12/2016 06:32 PM, Dimensional DBA wrote:
> f you have a 1GB backup network from your db server to your Netbackup
> Infrastrucutre with proper tuning you can normally achieve 104MB/sec
> assuming proper tuning and architecture or about 432GB/hr or in your
> case a 9hr full backup.
Yes, around 430 GB/hr is what you can achieve with Commvault as well, with compression and no deduplication. With de-duplication, speeds are around 350 GB/hr but the savings are much better than with compression. With storage snapshots, we can also do block level backups which are even faster. The downside is that RMAN knows nothing of the block level backups.
Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA