Re: Migrate Oracle database from Windows to Linux server

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:58:11 -0500

You didn't post your Oracle version but it looks like you can configure a standby database setup between Windows and Linux per this note: Data Guard Support for Heterogeneous Primary and Physical Standbys in Same Data Guard Configuration (Doc ID 413484.1)

So, you could setup a standby environment ahead of time, and then schedule the cutover at whatever date you like.

To setup the standby, I'm assuming you could use either active duplicate standby (from RMAN) or use RMAN normal duplicate as standby.

Chris