Re: Cannot create an index based on a function

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:25:54 +0000

SAP wants to be cross platform, database neutral, but frequently achieves this by preventing use of performance-enhancing extensions. The kind of performance enhancing extensions that database vendors include on a standards-extension basis to distinguish their products from the others.

When I worked on an implementation a few years ago it was plain that we needed to use parallel query to enable reasonable runtimes for an intensive early morning batch update process. At the time, SAP did not support DML parallelism, so the eventual answer was I think to use most of the application servers intended to service the entire company to support the first deployment, one twenty-fifth of the intended eventual scale...

I say "think" because I up and left in despair.

Regards,

JT

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, 09:00 Thomas Kellerer, <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com> wrote:

> Yes, same thing.
>

> Franck Pachot schrieb am 24.06.2016 um 18:30:
> > Hi, did you try virtual column? Does Hybris 'crash' with it as well?
> >
> > Le ven. 24 juin 2016 à 07:41, Thomas Kellerer <
> thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com <mailto:thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>> a écrit :
> >
> > Mark W. Farnham schrieb am 22.06.2016 um 18:05:
> > > Perhaps:
> > >
> > > create unique index tk_test on
> > > orders(code,cast(coalesce_wrapper1(p_versionid) as varchar2(255
> byte)));
> > >
> > > will work. I think casting the return to your desired maximum
> length *might*
> > > be the most performant.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I don't have a database handy with extended
> varchar2, so I
> > > cannot test that for you.
> >

> > Thanks, but unfortunately that syntax also makes Hybris crash (and
> so does the substr() version).
> >

> > Thomas

Regards,

John

Result of the Europe referendum? Bonkers...!