RE: Oracle 12C on Z/OS Licensing question

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 11:29:57 -0700

1 IFL = 1 Core

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7 Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

www.dimensionaldba.com <http://www.dimensionaldba.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of rob Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:21 AM
To: Thomas Roach
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Oracle 12C on Z/OS Licensing question

Thank you, I needed to make that connection to cores. -Rob

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

  • Original message -------- From: Thomas Roach <troach_at_gmail.com> Date: 7/7/16 13:47 (GMT-05:00) To: rob_at_oraclewizard.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Oracle 12C on Z/OS Licensing question

You license by IFLs. For every IFL, you need an Oracle license for the database and respective packs you want to use.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2016, at 1:04 PM, rob_at_oraclewizard.com wrote:

Where can I find good information on licensing Oracle 12C with ASO and Tunning Pack on ZLinux? Hopfully something that does not take a law degree to read. We are moving a bit closer to migrating off the windoz servers and over to the Z10. Thanks, -Rob

Robert P. Lockard Oracle ACE
Winner of the 2015 Oracle Developers Choice Award for Database Design President Oraclewizard.com, Inc.
The question is not “who is going to let me,” it's “who is going to stop me." Ayn Rand
(cell) 571.276.4790
(office) 410.766.6960
(fax) 410.766.0332

twitter _at_navonpilot