Re: Oracle Tools - Freeware That can show running queries

From: Jure Bratina <jure.bratina_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:33:20 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> However, I was really looking for something a little more lightweight,
preferable something that pretty just has a session viewer.

In addition to what others have already said, I'd recommend trying "ASH Viewer": https://sourceforge.net/projects/ashv/

I've used it on several occasions to quickly get a graphical representation of ASH data with a breakdown by different wait classes. It also has other functionalities, but the one I like the most is creating an on-disk archive of monitored data so that you can browse it later, also without access to the database. Though, I'm not sure whether you can kill sessions from it, I don't remember trying. The download is also pretty small (approx. 5MB), but it requires Java.

Regards,
Jure Bratina