Re: SV - contention on RAC EXADATA

From: Pawel Smolarz <pawel.smolarz_at_nordea.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:56:09 +0200

Hi,

This confirms our previous assumption that the problem of sequence due to the enormous consumption of CPU and problems with the assignment of free processor cycle. Fortunately we reduced CPU consumption (sql profiles,baselines, system statistics and more ...) and right now we don't see so huge waits on "enq: SV - contention".

According to what you wrote call nextval from sequence on RAC requires additional operations (two latch gets) on the CPU / memory - comparing to standalone instance.

enq: SV - contention - avg wait (ms) 0.22

previously we had avg wait (ms) ~13ms

The situation is so much better.

Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Paweł