Re: SQL Profile in Oracle Glossary - is this actually correct?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:17:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Chris,
please use SQL patches if you want to apply a full set of hints. This is what they are made for and they are also license free for Oracle EE: * https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/how_can_i_hint_a * https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/additional_information_on_sql_patches

There are also scripts to generate the PL/SQL call, e.g. from Kerry Osborne: http://kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com/scripts/create_sql_patch.sql

SQL profiles are initially designed to adjust cardinality (OPT_ESTIMATE) for execution plan steps.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK