Re: Websphere JDBC thin Driver URL to 11g R2 RAC

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 03:10:50 +0000 (UTC)

Yes nslookup as well as telent to all Scan VIP are good on firewall side. Sanjay

    On Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:36 PM, Rodrigo Mufalani <rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br> wrote:

 Hi Sanjay,
   Have you tried from app server use some tool like nslookup to resolve the scan name?     If there is a firewall between DB and APP, you will need to create a rule allowing ips from vip and scans to the app machine. [ ]'s#mufalani
   Desculpe por erros! Este e-mail foi escrito do meu smartphone!     Sorry for typos! This mail was written from my smartphone!!! Em 9 de jun de 2016, às 23:23, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender "smishra_97" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> escreveu:

Muflani
thanks for the update. I actually checked this one but the issue is webshpere jdbc URL is not working and giving error. So need someone can share theJDBC URL for their 8.5 Webesphere. got various error in making some new URL like  ==> DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource.  Encountered "": java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/net/resolver/NameResolverFactory        at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(AddrResolution.java:415)
==> DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource.  Encountered "": java.sql.SQLException: IO Error: Message file 'oracle.net.mesg.Message' is missing. DSRA0010E: SQL State = 08006, Error Code = 17,002
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:458) Also if someone can share any Java program that I can run on app server to test using ojdbc driver. Also I heard the utility wcsDbValidation.sh but not able to find it to test the JDBC url before deployment. So any help is appreciated
TxSanjay On Thursday, June 9, 2016 10:09 PM, Rodrigo Mufalani <rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br> wrote:

 Hi,
   Take a look on this paper. It worked for me
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/clustering/overview/scan-129069.pdf

[ ]'s#mufalani
   Desculpe por erros! Este e-mail foi escrito do meu smartphone!     Sorry for typos! This mail was written from my smartphone!!! Em 9 de jun de 2016, às 23:02, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender "smishra_97" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> escreveu:

Hi
Can someone share webshphere 8.5 connection to 11.2.0.4 RAC using Scan listener. getting some issue after RAC was upgraded from 10g to 11g R2 and don;t want to use VIP anymore. Please share JDBC URL and any other special instruction TIASanjay