can I de-install after removing the ORACLE_HOME software?

From: Chris King <"Chris>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:49:16 +0000 (UTC)

Recently upgraded from 11.2.0.3.0 to 11.2.0.4.0 on Red Hat Linux 6.

The DBA had to clean up some space after the upgrade to apply patches, and removed the entire 11.2.0.3.0 ORACLE_HOME directory. There still is not enough disk to restore it. I'd like to make sure that we have a proper deinstall of the old software on this system, such that the metadata in the oracle inventory is also up to date, etc. Unfortunately, with an empty ORACLE_HOME directory, I can not run either the deinstall script or the runInstaller GUI. I've attempted to run the runInstaller from the 11.2.0.4.0 home to deinstall the 11.2.0.3 home, but the gui just gives me the message to run deinstall in the old Oracle Home.

Is there another way to clean this up? There still is not enough room on the server to restore the old ORACLE_HOME.

Thanks in advance!-ck