RE: space alert report

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 14:15:36 +0000

Can you have the email send directly from the database? That will avoid any additional formatting issues from Unix.

Also, see if you can use a font like Courier (for viewing) where all the letters are spaced equally. It looks old school, but that’s what I use for everything b/c I hate it when my columns are not lined up properly.

Jeremy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kim Berg Hansen Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 9:32 AM
To: Brian Zelli
Cc: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: Re: space alert report

This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email.

Hi, Brian

Two things spring to mind:

1)
In SQL*plus try SET TAB OFF. If you have SET TAB ON (it's the default), SQL*Plus will generate whitespace as mix of space and tab characters, which will make the output dependent on how the viewer defines tab stops.

2)
There's a mail MIME header to indicate that a mail is plain text (or it might be the code page, can't remember off hand but will try to find it), which will tell most email clients to use a fixed width font rather than proportional.

I guess one of those two things might be what is troubling you.

Regards

Kim Berg Hansen

http://www.kibeha.dk
kibeha_at_kibeha.dk<mailto:kibeha_at_kibeha.dk> _at_kibeha<http://twitter.com/kibeha>

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: Wrote a quick little space report to email myself. Looks like this on the unix box:

TABLESPACE_NAME      CurMb            MaxMb         TotalUsed    PotentialFree   UPercent

------------------------- ---------- ---------- ------------ ----------------- ----------
IDX 52767.9844 52767.9844 48800.9844 3967 92 TEMP 3000 3000 2990 10 100

Comes out like this in the email body:

TABLESPACE_NAME CurMb MaxMb TotalUsed PotentialFree UPercent

IDX             52767.9844 52767.9844 48800.9844          3967         92
TEMP                  3000       3000       2990            10        100

How can I format it better?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 01 2016 - 16:15:36 CEST

Original text of this message