Re: Table update is taking too much time

From: Brent Day <coloradodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 20:04:10 -0600

I forgot a couple of items.

Make sure the execute immediate statements have proper begin end exception handling, something like

BEGIN
   execute immediate 'alter index....'
exception

   when others then

      log the error
end;

Also this moves the truncate and constraint changes into the pl/sql block, remove them from the sh script before the procedure call.

Brent