Oracle 12C on Z/OS

From: <rob_at_oraclewizard.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:25:13 +0000

Well my Evil plan started with getting this customer off ofrunning Oracle on windows servers. In this plan; I got buy in on Exadata to dothe consolidation. There was a wrinkle in my plan, this shop has no experiencein Linux or Solaris so the Windows admins started complaining, bla bla bla. Inthe end it appears the deputy CIO has shot down my plan. I’m not one towine; so if the issue is “what do we have experience with” is a major driverthen this shop is also in possession of a Z10 a top notch support staff and theassociated infrastructure. Now I have to go to my Evil backup plan, migrate theirdatabases to 12C PDB’s on the Z10. My director (25 years mainframe systemprogrammer), and two Oracle DBA’s (with over 35 years mainframe experience each)all love this ides. My director is going to get some system stats on the Z10 tosee if there is enough there to host our Oracle Databases. However before Idrive this train too far down the track I need a bit of advice.

1)DoesOracle 12C and DB2 coexists nicely on Z/OS?
2)Can youpoint me to any high level papers on 12C on Z/OS?
3)Arethere any technical issues out there that we should consider beyond availablesystem resources?
-Rob

Robert P. LockardOracle ACEWinner of the 2015 Oracle Developers Choice Award for Database DesignPresident Oraclewizard.com, Inc. A letter of reprimand is better than no mail at all. Nobody ever made history or changed the world by only worrying about his or her career.
(cell) 571.276.4790
(office) 410.766.6960
(fax) 410.766.0332

twitter _at_navonpilot