Re: MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE is empty

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:18:18 -0500

On 2016/05/26 11:45, Herring, David wrote:

> I have a request from management to pull feature usage statistics for all supported environments so I figured I'd use the view MGMT$DB_FEATUREUSAGE on all EMs. While the 11g views give me what I want, our 12c EMRs don't return anything as the underlying table MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE is empty. The OMS is 12.1.0.4, db 12.1.0.2, all on RHEL 6.6.
>
> Anyone see this before and/or know how this table is populated?
>
> It looks like the data I'm expecting is in MGMT$CS_FEATURE_USAGE, which is new in 12c, but I can't be sure. I also have noted that other MGMT$DB_* views are populated so it appears to be just this one.

I have these views in my 12.1.0.5 OMS respository, under the SYSMAN schema:

CM$MGMT_FEATURE_USAGE_ECM
MGMT$CS_FEATURE_USAGE
MGMT$DB_FEATUREUSAGE
MGMT$DB_FEATURE_USAGE

Of these, the last is empty, possibly a leftover from upgrades past. All of my DB targets are 11.2.0.3 and my EM DB Agent plugin is 12.1.0.8.

As you've probably guessed, the underlying MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE table to the MGMT$DB_FEATUREUSAGE view is populated. It's not an EM metric, so I'm not sure why this would not be populated (i.e. it's not a matter of a metric being disabled).

Rich