MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE is empty

From: Herring, David <HerringD_at_DNB.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 16:45:13 +0000

I have a request from management to pull feature usage statistics for all supported environments so I figured I'd use the view MGMT$DB_FEATUREUSAGE on all EMs. While the 11g views give me what I want, our 12c EMRs don't return anything as the underlying table MGMT_DB_FEATUREUSAGE is empty. The OMS is 12.1.0.4, db 12.1.0.2, all on RHEL 6.6.

Anyone see this before and/or know how this table is populated?

It looks like the data I'm expecting is in MGMT$CS_FEATURE_USAGE, which is new in 12c, but I can't be sure. I also have noted that other MGMT$DB_* views are populated so it appears to be just this one.

Regards,

Dave