Re: Fwd: RE: Enable novalidate contains after import?

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 20:58:48 +0100

Hi Tony,

I have no ability to upgrade the 9i source database to 10 or higher I'm afraid. 11g would be great as I could use transportable tablespaces, or RMAN backups to do the refreshing, but unfortunately I'm stuck in the dark ages with 9i.

I used tts & RMAN before to migrate a 6tb spatial database from 10g on HPUX to 11g on Linux. It flew! That one was static though, just a quarterly update of all the map data it held, so no need to keep it in sync.

Cheers,
Norm.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 24 2016 - 21:58:48 CEST

Original text of this message