RE: SQL help

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 23:12:42 -0400

Thanks Carlos and Tom for your suggestions. Sorry for not making it clear..I would like the data to appear in multiple rows which I will be passing it as a IN list to another query. Thanks

Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 18:48:07 -0400
Subject: Re: SQL help

From: troach_at_gmail.com
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

select a || chr(10) || b from test;
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys,
Could someone help with a SQL:

I have a test table with 2 rows:

create table test (a varchar2(50), b varchar2(50)); insert into test values ('one', 'first row'); insert into test values ('two', 'second row'); commit;

I need a query that shows the output as the following (without using union). Order of the values is not important.

OUTPUT

one
first row
two
second row

I thought unpivot might work, poked around a bit.. my brain is too tired to think..

Thanks in advance
-Upendra

--

Thomas Roach