RE: tnsping phantom file

From: Yong Huang <"Yong>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:08:23 +0000 (UTC)

> Sorry, forgot to add that I'm on windows.

Hi Robert,

I know you already solved your problem. Next time you have this type of issue, don't guess. Trace it with Process Monitor.

On Windows, download Process Monitor. Run it, stop Capture, go to Filter, specify that (e.g.) Image Path contains sqlnet.ora, or Process Name is sqldeveloper.exe, and start Capture. Then launch your app (SQL Developer in this case) and make an Oracle connection. You'll see in the window of Process Monitor where SQL Developer looks for sqlnet.ora first, and second, third,... You can search the string with Control-F, or save it to a text type file (csv e.g.) and search in the file.

(Ref: http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/OracleConnectionSetup.html)

Yong Huang