Re: LOG_BUFFER

From: Ram Cheruvattath <ram.cheruvattath_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:25:23 -0400

The database runs in no archive mode. A snapshot is taken on the array side. Storage is EMC VMAX.

Ram

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Cheruvattath Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:00 AM
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: LOG_BUFFER

Hi

We have a 12c database that has very high redo generation (4TB/hr). Our log_buffer is set to 1GB.

Is there a downside to setting log_bugger this big?

Thanks

Ram

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html