Re: tnsping phantom file

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:33:38 +0100

Robert

Have you read through Setting TNS_ADMIN Environment Variable (Doc ID 111942.1) - its quiite comprehensive about how tns_admin might be set and where windows clients might read tnsnames from. In addition I see you talk about "the app" being unable to connect despite tnsping returning correct information. It looks to me as though you will also need to determin whether the app sets the environment/uses a different oracle client etc.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA