Re: Third party support

From: Stojan Veselinovski <stojan.veselinovski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 12:26:17 +0000

Third party companies like Rimini download all your entitled patches and park it in your AWS account for you to access and do what you like with.

I've had a bit of experience with them and so far the support model has been ok. Haven't had to raise any real support calls so its hard to tell how effective it is but you do get direct access to a support engineer who's guaranteed to be an experienced DBA.

A number of the companies I've worked for consider Oracle legacy and either have exit strategies or are minimising their footprint. In this scenario going third party can be an acceptable risk. If you have any critical apps then I'd stick with Oracle and their price model which has worked for a long time but is now getting eaten up by the cloud and other technologies.

Stojan.