RE: ISTOP vs STOP for Enterprise Manger 12.x

From: Robert Freeman <rfreeman_at_businessolver.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 20:53:27 +0000

From what I can tell istop is used to kind of force a stop of the management agent on certain windows platforms.

From the 10.2.0.3 EM Manager config docs (which was just the first set google sent me too…

If you are having trouble starting or stopping the Management Agent on a Windows NT system, try stopping the Management Agent using the following emctl command: $PROMPT> <AGENT_HOME>/bin/emctl istop agent After stopping the Management Agent using the emctl istop agent command, start the Management Agent using the Services control panel. This problem and solution applies only to the Windows NT platform, not to other Windows platforms, such as Windows 2000 or Windows XP systems.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 3:44 PM
To: JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org
Cc: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l_at_groups.ittoolbox.com> Subject: Re: ISTOP vs STOP for Enterprise Manger 12.x

the letter I?

what's the context and what do you mean by "enterprise manager"?

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Beckstrom Jeffrey <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org<mailto:JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>> wrote: What is the difference between the ISTOP and STOP commands for halting Enterprise Manager?

.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA