Re: EMC DD Boost / Data Domain

From: Eric Brown <ebrown2266_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:12:23 -0400

We switched our backups from writing to the data domain via NFS to DDBoost and it cut the backup time by about 75%. Everything is managed natively using RMAN (rman views DDBoost as a SBTTAPE interface).

We have been quite happy with it. The extra cpu usage during the backup is offset by the much shorter backup window.