Re: PCTFREE and ITL space on high insert table

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:04:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Michael,

> Stefan, the inserts are not parallel. They come from different sessions, one at a time.

I did not mean parallel DML, i meant INSERTs from different sessions (= doing stuff parallel). However your scope is only at second granularity for these 400 INSERTs in peak and so there is a high chance that you will not have 400 session active at the same time inserting data into the same block. In consequence you gonna need much less ITL slots and in addition ASSM I/O spreading on table block level kicks in as well.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK