RE: Questions consolidating databases onto RAC Cluster

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hpe.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:11:31 +0000

>> All of these things are slippery slopes and therefor require thinking <<

Thinking? Your job is to configure the system the way management, without consulting you, determined that the system would be configured. Thinking is only going to get you in trouble when you start listing all the reasons that the chosen approach is wrong. Dealing with what you have is the job.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hans Forbrich Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:46 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Questions consolidating databases onto RAC Cluster

On 28/04/2016 4:24 PM, Mark W. Farnham wrote: Me? I’d try to convince folks to go non-RAC with the whole shooting match and allocate the databases that don’t need to be together logically to the various hosts. But I’d only do that based on load profiles and analysis, not my bias against RAC and consolidation. All of these things are slippery slopes and therefor require thinking. +1

Especially "require thinking"