Re: Excessive Logical IOs against which Table/Index

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:44:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Jessica,
unfortunately you have not mentioned your Oracle version and OS, but several ways to identify the objects.

I guess you want to know possibilities for step 3 in case of logical I/O - so here we go:

  1. SQL Monitoring Report (needs additional license)
  2. DTrace for Solaris: https://alexanderanokhin.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/dynamic-tracing-of-oracle-logical-io/
  3. SystemTap for Linux: https://db-blog.web.cern.ch/blog/luca-canali/2014-12-life-oracle-io-tracing-logical-and-physical-io-systemtap
  4. SQLd360 using ASH (needs additional license and can be queried manually as well, but i highly recommend SQLd360 for it): https://mauro-pagano.com/2016/01/06/execution-plan-tree-temperature/

Your step 1 and 2 can be done with one tool - the well known fish called "Snapper": http://blog.tanelpoder.com/files/scripts/snapper.sql