Re: Backup/Cloning Marketing (was PureStorage for some reason)

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 08:30:33 -0600

I focused on my own product, Oracle's EM DBaaS, as it's what I know and didn't want to speak for Delphix, (although, as I kind of joke about, I sit feet from Tim and I know more about Delphix than any Oracle employee SHOULD! :)) In my post, I said Delphix once, when I stated that Delphix uses similar technology.

I just did a session at Collaborate less than two weeks ago on cloning with EM13c features, including on-premise, Oracle Public Cloud and private cloud options. I demonstrated that the DBA needs very little knowledge to set it up via the GUI, build out the storage pools and could simply clone database software, clone schemas and databases from drop down menus for any database they are monitoring in EM13c.
I also covered the more advanced command line features for those that want to dig into scripting and such.

The reason I didn't go deeper into mine is suddenly it seemed to be a "bash Delphix" thread and I'm about all technology and never too keen on bashing any product. The way you learn, the way you EVOLVE your technology best is by embracing all technology. You always find that someone is doing it better than you for this one aspect and you learn from them.

Kellyn

[image: Kellyn Pot'Vin on about.me]

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman
about.me/dbakevlar