Re: Clone tool

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:18:07 -0600

Assuming a definition of "self-service capability" as "management of a separation of duties", that sounds like a "no" for CommVault.

In contrast, Oracle Snapclone provides self-service provisioning through a service catalog of templates
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/cloud-mgmt/em-snapclone-2267372.html>, and different accounts have a separation of duties (i.e. some accounts can create templates, other accounts can only clone from templates, etc), but there are others on this list who can explain this much more capably than I.

As far as Delphix is concerned, its main user-interface enables DBAs to do everything, but the Delphix JetStream <https://docs.delphix.com/display/DOCS41/Getting+Started+with+Jet+Stream> user-interface is provided to be used by developers, QA testers, project leads, and other non-DBAs to manage what has already been provisioned.