Re: Pure Storage opinions

From: Thomas Roach <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 20:48:05 -0400

I don't work for Delphix but I have seen it in the wild and talked to customers. Many view the thin cloning as a commodity (i.e. everyone has it). What I think sets Delphix apart is the fact that the end user can request the environment and the DBA or the storage admin don't actually have to do anything. It's empowering and users like it. Yes, it's efficient on the back end and all that but that seems to be the major reason customers like it.

Oracle has a similar capability with EM and DBLM + Clound Management Pack. It still needs to integrate with your backend storage to do the snapshots. I don't know what Commvault does.

Mladen, does Commvault have a self service capability? Would be good to know.

Thanks!

Tom

Thomas Roach
813-404-6066